View from my house.A huge cruise ship. Antofagasta is a great place to live... the climate is really nice, it's not too big or too small, the people are friendly & we're right on the ocean. But I would never pay $ to take a cruise that stops here. The water can be quite cold, the mountains have zero vegetation, etc. I would prefer a cruise just about anywhere else. On Saturday we were surprised to see a cruise ship in the bay. Apparently it is the third cruise ship ever to come to this city, and the first since we have lived here. The travelers were from the US & Canada. Wonder if they had any idea what they were getting themselves into;)


5 comments:
That was so strange! I talked to my Spanish teacher about it. She told me that "Antofagasta is a wonderful place to stop because of the shopping and food." Whaaaat, for who?
I bet they were just glad to stop in Chile!
There's now a commercial about Chile fruit sold at Albertson's. It rubs in the fact that it's summer there too! I can't escape it! The fruit does look mighty tasty. I may need to head to Albertson's.
Beth- the fruit here is really good. And yes, we were at the beach this morning and when the girls wake up from naps we will be in the pool. COME VISIT!
What? You wouldn't want to take a cruise to see the lovely brown dirt?!! :) I have to say though, Even if the scenery isn't beautiful (besides the ocean), it is a great place!
Post a Comment