Sunday, January 27, 2008

Could Be the Start of Something New...


Ava is obsessed with High School Musical. We do not own the music or movies, but she has seen both of the movies twice now and is constantly singing the songs. Her favorite part of the movies? TROY. Ava loves Troy. All day, every day she says the same thing, "Hailey, let's play High School Musical... I'm Troy!" When asked why she wants to be Troy it's because she loves him. At the store you could buy Troy & Gabriella barbie dolls that come in a set... Ava wanted them, but really only wanted the Troy doll, so she told Hailey she could have Gabriella (they are soooo expensive here, so it was just wishful thinking). Recently the girls were playing at Yamin's house and they were talking about High School Musical. Ava was telling her in Spanish about Troy and was rolling the 'r' in his name... then when asked in English she would say his name the right way in English... anyway, Yamin thought it was so funny that when she saw this mug she couldn't resist buying it for Ava (she also bought Hailey a HSM mug without a Troy theme). As you can tell by the picture, Ava was absolutely thrilled when she found her new mug sitting at the table waiting for her at breakfast. She made many comments that morning, including 'I love Troy' and 'Troy is yummy'. Yummy? Really?!? I certainly hope this crush is not a taste of things to come...

15 comments:

Ryan White said...

Does this mean I'm not her favorite anymore?

Ponczoch Family said...

Hmmm... she still talks about you all the time & how much she loves you... maybe you ought to get her a mug or t-shirt w/your pictures & name on it.

Charity said...

Hee Hee that is so cute.

Clarke and Kamie said...

Oh my...Mariko has the same obsession with Hannah Montana, but she is not calling anyone "yummy" yet. Can you imagine 10 years from now the guy-craziness that will be happening??? I bet Dave can't wait.

Ammon said...

When Carly was Ava's age she had the biggest crush on Superman! Just yesterday she said, "Dad, do you know anyone who can lift a house?" Ammon answered, "No, I don't." Then Carly said, "I do. Superman! He's so dreamy!"
No kidding! Where did THAT come from???

katharine said...

that's hilarious. and i can't believe the high school musical obsession spans all the way to chile. i haven't seen any of the movies or heard any of the songs, but i've seen a lot of the merchandising... fortunately my kids have missed it somehow :)

Paige said...

HAHA! GO AVA! This makes me happy. Me and Ava are both in love with Troy. He is pretty yummy. Tell her I agree :)

Sara Ann said...

Kim- I don't know...I seem to remember her mother being a little boy crazy! Hee hee, that makes two of us:) I love high school musical, I don't want Ava to be too jealous, but when they were filming High School Musical 2 in St. George, Neil saw Troy (I can't think of his real name) at Panda Express! Woohoo! Lindsey Brown was pretty envious!

Joel said...

He wears "guyliner" on his eyes. Just thought you should all know. .. except Ava. She can dream.

Brooke Bennett said...

Ok... that's hilarious! Ava cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

What are you saying Joel? I'm too young to dream? I think that if Ava is allowed to dream, then so am I. :)

Bethany said...

What a funny girl. I can't say I blame her... Troy is pretty good looking and he has a great voice.

Joel said...

Guy. . . . . .liner. . . . . .

Unknown said...

that is sooo cute! that cracks me up!! She sounds adorable I can't wait to meet your kids some day!

emily said...

"yummy"!! That is cracking me up! And the rolling his R in his name! LOL! She is so funny. Tell Ava I like HSM too!