
I just learned that President Hinckley passed away last night. He was such an amazing and lovable man and prophet. Even at the age of 97 he had more energy than me. His sense of humor was great. One part of his presidency that directly impacted me was the building of mini-temples... when we lived in Michigan we were able to attend a temple that was 45 minutes away. Before it was constructed the closest temple was Chicago, a 4 hour drive. Another thing that comes to mind is when President Hinckley re-dedicated the Santiago, Chile temple on March 11, 2006... it was soon after his surgery for colon cancer and he was able to make jokes about the surgery and conducted the entire meeting. It was such a blessing for me and the people in Chile to have him here and to hear his words. I could go on and on. I feel blessed that I was able to attend a Christmas devotional, a devotional and a General Conference where he presided. His words have inspired me to be a better person. He is such a wonderful man who I have always looked up to and loved. I am so excited for him to be reunited with his sweet wife, Marjorie. Thank you, President Hinckley, for living your life as Heavenly Father wanted you to... you have truly been a great leader.

3 comments:
Although I feel sadness for our loss, I can't help but think of the joyous reunion in heaven. He will truly be missed.
What beautiful words. An amazing man indeed.
He was an amazing prophet. I will miss him too.
Post a Comment