My parents gave me this book for Christmas. They also gave it to my sisters... not just to those that are mothers... Paige & Kelsi received it, too. They thought it was THAT important of a book. And you know what? I completely agree. I loved every minute of reading this book, and my only complaint is that it was too short. I have always wanted to be a mom... when I was a little girl, that is what I dreamed of. In 8th grade when assigned to write a paper about what I wanted to be when I grew up I wrote about being a mom. In high school I realized I'd better have a back-up plan, in case marriage and motherhood weren't in my future. I planned for a career in Sports Medicine, but as soon as I got married I changed my major to Family Science. So why did I feel this book was for me? Because even though I love being a mother and this is what I've wanted my entire life, sometimes it is just plain hard. This book doesn't just acknowledge this, it empowers mothers. I highly recommend this book to all mothers and future mothers.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
I Am a Mother
My parents gave me this book for Christmas. They also gave it to my sisters... not just to those that are mothers... Paige & Kelsi received it, too. They thought it was THAT important of a book. And you know what? I completely agree. I loved every minute of reading this book, and my only complaint is that it was too short. I have always wanted to be a mom... when I was a little girl, that is what I dreamed of. In 8th grade when assigned to write a paper about what I wanted to be when I grew up I wrote about being a mom. In high school I realized I'd better have a back-up plan, in case marriage and motherhood weren't in my future. I planned for a career in Sports Medicine, but as soon as I got married I changed my major to Family Science. So why did I feel this book was for me? Because even though I love being a mother and this is what I've wanted my entire life, sometimes it is just plain hard. This book doesn't just acknowledge this, it empowers mothers. I highly recommend this book to all mothers and future mothers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I agree!! I read this last year and I loved it too. I loved how she stood up to that guy! I feel the same way as you - I have always wanted to be a mother, and I love it, but it just has those days and moments. But I loved this book too!
Kim I am sooo excited because I am always looking for a good book to read and I too have always wanted to be a mother. I can remember writing the same type of letter with goals on as you. Children are just the best but yes there are times when I wonder what am I doing:) Thanks so much for telling me about this book.
sounds like a good book. i can't find it at any of the big library pages around here. i'll have to keep looking
I love her! She spoke at Ben's graduation from USU and gave such a great talk!
I should probably start reading this! Sounds like it's really good!
I loved this book too!!! So so good!
I completely agree that this book was too short! There are a lot of pages of works cited, so I thought I still had a few chapters to go. I was so sad when it was over sooner than I expected.
this sounds like a good book. I too have always wanted to be a mommy... Is it written by and LDS author or can it be found at Deseret book or church store.. do you know!?
Naomi- Jane Clayson Johnson is LDS. Her book is at Deseret Book, the BYU Bookstore (online)and Amazon... since I'm not in the US I have no idea if it's at other bookstores as well- if it's not it really should be.
Post a Comment