Lynette taught us 2 yummy and simple chicken dishes... talk about putting the pressure on when it's my turn in week 3! It was fun to eat something that tasted so much like 'home', yet different from any recipes that I have. These recipes are very different than any Chilean dish, so Ruth was excited to learn them (Yamin was on vacation, but I'm sure she's going to be begging for the recipes when she returns). Oh, and the pictures of our creations don't do them justice... I'm really a lousy food photographer. I'll be making these again soon!
Bruschetta 'n Cheese-Stuffed Chicken BreastsPrep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr
Makes: 8 servings, one stuffed chicken breast each
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1-1/4 cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken (you can use prepared rice)
8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lb.)
1/3 cup KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Combine tomatoes, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the basil and dry stuffing mix; stir just until moistened.
PLACE 2 chicken breast halves in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Pound chicken with meat mallet or side of heavy can until chicken is 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining
chicken, adding two at a time to bag. Place chicken, top-sides down, on cutting board; spread evenly with stuffing mixture. Starting at one of the narrow ends, tightly roll up chicken.
Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish. Drizzle evenly with dressing.
BAKE 40 min. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake an additional 5 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165°F) and cheese is melted.
Chicken ParmigianaPrep: 35 minutes Total: 35 minutes
Serves 4
3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds total), or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 cups jarred diced tomatoes with basil
1/4 cup olive oil
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, preferably fresh, cut into eight 1/4-inch-thick slices
1. Heat broiler. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow bowl. Season both sides of chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken in the beaten egg, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat both sides.
2. Spread tomato sauce onto the bottom of a 10-by-15-inch baking dish. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 4 chicken cutlets in skillet; cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Using a spatula, transfer browned cutlets to baking dish, placing them on top of sauce. Repeat with remaining oil and cutlets.
3. Top each cutlet with a slice of mozzarella. Broil about 4 inches from heat source until sauce is hot and cheese is melted and lightly browned in spots, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs (just in case you're like me & live somewhere where you can't buy this in the store)
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
dash oregano
Measure ingredients in a Ziploc bag, seal & shake to combine.

5 comments:
I'm glad you liked the recipes! My cooking is all about fast, flavorful, and filling!
Yummy! Those recipes sound great. I want to start a cooking club how fun. I am planning on trying that chicken parmigan recipe next week. Thanks!
So fun! Where was the cooking club when I was there??!! ;) I needed help from you, you always made the best dinners. Yum!
My family will love you...we are all benefitting from your culinary class! THANK YOU!
alright! I am always looking for something new to do with chicken! If you have these typed out and saved on your computer, could you email them to me? Our printer is broken and I don't want to hand write it if I don't have to. If not, no biggie! Thanks.
Post a Comment