
During dinner Hailey was studying my face. Here is how our conversation went (H=Hailey, M=me, mom):
H: Mommy, what is that on your face?
M: Oh, it's just a zit.
H: No, I'm talking about that mountain on your face.
M: Like I said, it's a zit.
Love the honesty of children... I think.
On Monday during family home evening Ava was in charge of song. As she was standing with her arm ready to lead, here is the conversation she had with Dave (A=Ava, D=Dave, dad)
D: What song are we going to sing?
A: I Am a Child of God.
D: In English or Spanish?
A: In English... (now singing and swinging her arm to the beat)Soy un hijo de Dios....
Poor girl is going to have a hard time adjusting to life when we return to the US if she thinks that is English... although today I did notice her speaking with one of my Chilean friends in Spanish and then turning to me and speaking in English, so she may be understanding the difference more than I realize.
H: Mommy, what is that on your face?
M: Oh, it's just a zit.
H: No, I'm talking about that mountain on your face.
M: Like I said, it's a zit.
Love the honesty of children... I think.
On Monday during family home evening Ava was in charge of song. As she was standing with her arm ready to lead, here is the conversation she had with Dave (A=Ava, D=Dave, dad)
D: What song are we going to sing?
A: I Am a Child of God.
D: In English or Spanish?
A: In English... (now singing and swinging her arm to the beat)Soy un hijo de Dios....
Poor girl is going to have a hard time adjusting to life when we return to the US if she thinks that is English... although today I did notice her speaking with one of my Chilean friends in Spanish and then turning to me and speaking in English, so she may be understanding the difference more than I realize.

8 comments:
I've never seen a zit on your face... EVER! But, that is one funny story!
That is amazing. Our children do amazingly well, they speak only English to me and strictly Portuguese with my hubby. I love it! Oh man, I hope your baby never sees the mountains on my face. Too funny! I agree with Lynette, you have zits?
That is way funny! Kinda reminds me of 2 different holidays when I got made fun of... hmmm... pretty sure you and Dave were 2 of the main culprits. She must have gotten her honesty from her parents. Go Hailey!
Weird that Ava talks so much. When I last saw her she just said "I don't know" in spanish the whole time.
that's kinda like my kids asking me why i am still so fat - the baby is 3 weeks old after all!
That is so adorable!!! My husband speaks spanish fluently still from his mission to venezuela. It would be neat to have my daughter speak Spanish and English. Although, it is pretty difficult especially cause I don't speak it....
Too cute! That cracks me up. That pic is absolutely beautiful!!!
Hahaha! A mountain.... hahaha. Must be one huge zit!
kids crack me up--that is why I got into the Kindergarten teaching business. They are hilarious! Once I had a substitute and they told me that she had a mustache. Ha!
Post a Comment