Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cooking Club, Week 3

Week 3 was my week to teach. Yamin was back in town, plus Raquel joined us. Thanks mom & Aunt Stephanie for the yummy recipes that were requested by my friends! We made Chicken Croissants, and since we are unable to buy the canned Pillsbury rolls we made our own. We made extra dough so that we could also make orange rolls... yummy!
Chicken Croissants

1 8oz pkg cream cheese
2 c cooked chicken
4 T butter
1/2 t lemon pepper (I always add a ton more... LOVE lemon pepper!)
bread crumbs (I add parsley for flavor, but the Italian bread crumbs that Lynette taught would be super yummy)
melted butter
croissant rolls (if you use the recipe below you will have about twice as much dough as needed, so adjust or make orange rolls!)

Heat oven to 375. Mix chicken, cream cheese, butter and lemon pepper. Roll up mixture in croissant dough. Roll in melted butter, followed by bread crumbs. Bake 15-20 min.

Tastes great with gravy on top... my favorite is cream of chicken soup and cream cheese combined and warmed... not the healthiest, but very good.
Croissant Rolls

2 ½ c warm water (not hot)
3 T yeast- sprinkle
½ c sugar on top

Let develop (about 10 minutes)

Add & knead (add flour if needed):
½ c oil
½ t salt
2 eggs
6 c flour

Let rise. Divide into 4 balls. Roll into circles and cut into 12 triangles (I prefer to use a pizza cutter). Roll & bake 15-20 min. at 375.

Orange Rolls

½ c butter
½ c sugar
1 T orange peel

Combine and spread on roll dough.

Don't know what I was thinking... we made soooo much food! 100 chicken croissants and well over 100 orange & plain croissants. At least they were yummy!

7 comments:

Ammon said...

Oh the yummy-ness!

Unknown said...

sounds really good... when you say Roll up mixture in croissant dough howc much of the pre-made dough do you use? is it 1 per mix or 2?

Ponczoch Family said...

Naomi- it's been a few years since I've had the luxury of buying the pre-made croissant dough... I'm thinking it's about 2 packages. When I have run out of dough in the past I've put the leftover filling in the freezer and never had a problem.

Charity said...

That looks so good. I use to make those and totally forgot about them yeah another recipe to add to my menu! Orange rolls yummy! I must try them.

katharine said...

thanks for posting all your new recipes, i am going to have so much fun trying these out :)

Unknown said...

thanks I will have to try making it... it looks and sounds really good!

Amanda said...

I made these for lunch today. They were delicious! I didn't have any crescent roll dough or time to make the dough recipe, so I just used rhodes rolls. I'm sure crescent rolls would be better, but these were still pretty yummy. Thanks for the idea, I've been really bored with cooking lately.