Sunday, October 21, 2007

Most Intelligent


Friday was Teachers Day, and to celebrate not only was there no school, there was also an assembly on Thursday to show the teachers how much they are appreciated. In the younger grades (the schools here are ages 3-18) 1 student was chosen to represent each class. Hailey's teachers picked her because she is the 'most intelligent' in the class (their words, not mine). Last year she refused to talk to her teachers (she admitted to me that she was worried that she would sound stupid because her Spanish wasn't as good as her English, but she's over that now... I sound stupid every time I speak Spanish... maybe I should try not talking;)). This year she talks a lot and now everyone knows how smart she really is. As her class representative she held up a letter and said a line about her teachers smiles. We practiced it constantly for a couple days, but she forgot part of it during the assembly. She hasn't let it bother her at all though (which I was worried about... she tends to be a perfectionist). Being in the assembly turned her into quite the celebrity... when I picked her up from school 3 middle school-aged girls were trying out their English on her, and telling her how pretty she is.

2 comments:

Brooke Bennett said...

Oh, I believe that she's the most intelligent in her class!!! That's fun that she was such a celebrity and middle school kids talking to her!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of her! She is so pretty, I LOVE HER HAIR! And how FUN to see the ocean in the back! And of cource she is the most intelligent--look who her mom is!