Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Conference Time

The girls love coloring, eating, playing near the computer during conference.


I always love General Conference. It's always such a spiritual feast. It seems that since being in Chile I've loved it even more, probably because I can understand every word that is being said when we watch it on our computer, verses every other church meeting where I catch some and miss some. I can't wait until tomorrow when I can print out some of the talks at http://lds.org/ (OK, so with 3 children I guess I don't catch every word the 1st time). The Relief Society broadcast the week before was also wonderful. This is the 1st year since I've lived here that there wasn't an English translation in another room, so I listened to it in Spanish with everybody else. What a neat experience. Not only did I understand so much (even when the translation switched to Portuguese for a while), but I had such an overwhelming feeling as I thought that my mom, sisters, friends, etc. were watching and listening to the same people that I was at that very moment, as well as women from all over the world. What a wonderful sisterhood to be apart of!

No comments: