Thursday, October 18, 2007

Locked out/in

Next week we will be having some netting installed on the main patio & last night we had a couple of people over taking the final measurements. I was outside with them & the girls were in the playroom. Soon Ava was outside and not long after Hailey joined us (one of the people was the dad of one of her classmates). Jinnie remained in the playroom, happy as can be. Next thing I knew I saw Ava slamming the sliding glass door shut. I ran to catch it, but not in time. She slammed it so hard the latch at the top flipped down & locked us out & Jinnie in. The men were able to wiggle the latch lock loose & tried to take the glass out, but the other locks wouldn't allow it. Luckily Dave was working in town yesterday, so I borrowed one of their cell phones so that Dave could come and rescue us. We spent the next 15 minutes or so being goofy through the playroom windows (which are also sliding glass doors, so she really didn't feel too isolated). My biggest concern was that she would go exploring and climb the stairs, which she has tried many times, and as they are made out of tile I was grateful she stayed where she was. We were all very happy when we spotted Dave's car on the street below.

1 comment:

Brooke Bennett said...

I would have been freaking out! When Jeffrey, Macee and I get home from wherever, I have to make sure I'm careful. I get Jeffrey out, tell him to walk upstairs... and hurry and get Macee out before he can close the door and lock us in the garage. It was a problem when I couldn't find my house keys(luckily I could convince him to unlock it). Now I make sure they're with me all the time! The little stinker!