

In our family we get a Barbie when we are potty trained (at least until a boy comes along), and Ava finally got to pick out her Barbie! She has been so close so many times, but then life would get disrupted with a new baby, a bunch of vacations, etc. I guess Ava just needed life to calm down a little. So she was able to pick any Barbie in the store, so of course she picked the Barbie that is really 3 Barbies (an art teacher & her 2 students). Hailey did the same thing... a ballet teacher & her student. I can only imagine when Jinnie is done with diapers we will add a harp teacher & her students to the Barbie collection (my mom & sister just started harp lessons, so that's the 1st 'teacher' Barbie I could come up with).
Hailey kept carrying around her ballet teacher & student Barbies when Ava was opening her box. She really liked one of the Kelly dolls & talked to me about how it would be fun if Ava traded her. We talked about how these were Ava's dolls, and Hailey had hers, but they could share when they played. Apparently my little speech didn't sink in because later Ava informed me that Hailey had 1 Barbie & she had 4 because she traded Hailey the Kelly for the ballet teacher & student, plus she still has the art teacher & the other student.

3 comments:
Kim- Your kids are so cute! Good for Ava!
Smart girls! Buy 1 but really get 2 or even 3!!! Congrats Ava!
P.S. Everywhere we go, if Jeffrey see a blonde little girl he calls her Hailey, a brunette girl... Ava. Hailey and Ava are everywhere here!!!! He misses his cousins. Oh, babies are either "baby" or Jinnie.
Okay, so this may seem weird that I found your blog - and the one post that I decide to comment about is underwear! But I am potty training Aspen, and I was wondering if they got a sticker for every day or night they didn't have an accident - or what - and would you have them start over when they did have accidents...I love this potty training thing... Oh, by the way - how are you - It sounds like you are keeping busy! Talk to you later! Jamey
Post a Comment