Monday, March 17, 2008

A Guy Thing?

I should be updating about Dave's trip to the doctor right now, but I can't... he decided to reschedule for Wednesday because it was inconvenient for him to go this evening. OK, this has to be a guy thing because what woman in her right mind would do such a thing? Especially just after spending a night in the hospital? Needless to say, I have no Dave update.

This evening I became the secretary for Mini-Kinder (Ava's school class). At a class meeting somebody recommended that I should be the president, but I quickly turned that down when I realized that about 1/2 of the parents were not at all thrilled with the idea of the gringa who is super young and doesn't speak or dress so well (so what if I wore a hooded sweatshirt, jeans & running shoes? I was cold! Where does it say I have to dress nicer than I do for church to attend a class meeting?) being president of their children's class...or maybe it was the fact that I kept getting more & more bored & tired (pictures below are a pretty accurate example of what I'm sure I looked like as the meeting ran on and on and on...). Secretary I can handle. And it looks like the parents think I can handle it as well;)

7 comments:

Ammon said...

You are so hilarious! I love the pictures of your boredom. Mine would look similar, but they would be of me trying to understand what the heck people were saying! hehehe...

Unknown said...

YOU ARE SO GORGEOUS. I love the photos to go along with your post. I hate meetings...you made me laugh out loud because that is what I look like. I wouldn't even understand half of what they were saying...rofl.

Sara Ann said...

You crack me up!

RedWarthen said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll come across very few people in the states that can say they were secretary in a school in Chile (or any other foreign country for that matter). By the way, how were those pics taken, cell phone? Sorry to hear about Dave. Hope everything's okay.

Backwoods Browns said...

Love the pics!:) Congrats on your new job!!

Unknown said...

The pictures are great! sounds like fun!

katharine said...

what is with these ponczoch boys?

you have my vote for president any day :) i think someone who is young and wears hooded sweatshirts sounds like a great candidate (have you seen who's planning on running for president here?)