Monday, March 3, 2008

1st Day of School

Hailey and Ava were so excited to start school today. Hailey started Kinder and Ava started Mini-Kinder. They woke up early and were in great moods... infact I heard them outside the bathroom door as I was getting out of the shower... Ava decided they should wait there and scare me! They were both very picky about how they wore their hair and what color of ribbon they wanted tied in it (not too hard, when only red, blue, grey & white match the uniforms). They both ended up with their hair the same way, except for the ribbon (red w/polka dots for Hailey, blue for Ava).

We took Ava to class first... she had met her 3 teachers last week and had no problem with me leaving. She is very much a people watcher and has been nervous about making friends, and when I came back to check on her after taking Hailey to class, she was looking into another classroom's window. I told her to go and play on the slide, but she said the other kids won't let her. In reality she hadn't even tried. Her teacher then had her meet another little girl & told them to hold hands and go back into the classroom for story time.

Hailey has 1 new teacher this year, but the other is the same. Only problem is that the one that she already knows is recovering from surgery, so she didn't know any today... at least she knew all of the kids in her class (they will have the same group of kids from Mini-Kinder (preschool) until high school graduation). I was quite surprised that when Hailey gave me a hug she didn't want to let go... I can't wait until 1:25 so that I can hear all about the first day of school!

Hailey enjoyed walking Ava to class. Ava had no problem leaving us to walk to the playground with her teacher.

Hailey catching up with her best school friend, Valentina Zuniga.
For some reason I only captured Ava without a smile and even though you're unable to tell by the pictures, she was happy to be at school.

11 comments:

katharine said...

wow! ava's starting school already - she's so grown up. what are you going to do with just one at home now?!
hope jinnie is not too bored :)

Sara Ann said...

Those pictures are so cute! I always thought it would be fun to wear uniforms to school:)

Ammon said...

The pictures of Ava are too cute! Carly wouldn't cooperate this morning so I think I might have 1 that's decent.
Did you cry? I did (but just a little).

Brooke Bennett said...

Cute pictures!!! I can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Bethany said...

I didn't know they were starting school today. How fun!

Backwoods Browns said...

Isn't it crazy to think not long ago they were babies!?! I can't believe my 2 will be in school this Fall!!

They both look sooo cute!!

Suzette said...

It is hard to believe that Hailey and Ava are so big. I have started the process of looking into preschools for Averie. Not sure if I'm ready, but she is! They look so cute in their uniforms. How nice not to think about what to wear...

Joel said...

You're kids are adorable. They look like they're attending Hogwarts!

Unknown said...

how fun! your girls are so cute!

emily said...

I can't believe Ava is in school! Time flies! The pics are darling. And I loved the quotes from the 1st day of school. Cute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the uniform jacket things...they are SO cute! I think I want one for myself! Your girls are darling.
-Kelsi