Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Amazing
I have the most amazing neighbors. Honestly. On Friday I noticed a bump on my arm. Each day it got a little bigger. Finally yesterday (Tuesday) it was really starting to hurt and felt like a kernel of corn surrounded by some fluid was under my skin, so I decided to make a little visit to my neighbors in #1 (we live in #5 of the same apartment building- their kids go to the British School as well, so they take Hailey & Ava to school every day). The husband is the medical director at one of the hospitals in town and the wife is the best dermatologist in the city (I think I've mentioned them before). Anyway, the two of them discussed the possibilities (bug bite, infection, tumor, etc), wrote me up an anti-inflammatory Rx and gave me an 'urgent' referral to get an ultrasound this morning. When I picked up the the results in the evening, my neighbor (the husband) met me at my car in our parking lot, looked over the results and said he'd give me a call when he had gone over everything with his wife. About an hour later he came up and told us that I have an infection (maybe from an insect bite) and gave me an Rx for antibiotics. They should do the trick, but if not I will have the bump removed on Monday. I honestly feel so blessed to have them as friends/neighbors. It's not always easy living in a foreign country, but it is so much easier with them; they've honestly been the answer to a prayer on more than one occasion. Unless we live next to Dave's sister Sarah & her husband, Eric in the future (she is a nurse, he's studying to be a Dr) or to my brother Nathan (he's planning on being a Dr) I don't know that we will ever be treated so well medically again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad that you have them as neighbors too. Keep me updated on your medical issues.
Hope your bump goes away. So lucky to have such loving people around you! ;)
it is nice to have friends close that can help you out like that!
Post a Comment