Monday, December 3, 2007

If You Had to Choose

between water & electricity, which would you choose? I think I would choose water (and this is coming from somebody who has had a lot of power outages in the past month). A week ago a water main broke. It flooded both streets and houses and left half of the city without water for over 24 hours. It was a day of no showers (except lucky Dave who was able to shower at the mine), no washing dishes, etc. We did have drinking water, but it's too expensive to use as cleaning water. School ended up being canceled because there was no way to flush the toilets or wash hands.

Jinnie had an ear appointment and I left Hailey & Ava at home with Susan. I told the girls not to poop while I was gone (no water= toilets don't flush). I told Susan that if they did she could walk the 7 flights of stairs down to the pool to get water to flush. She had to make 2 trips to the pool while I was gone.

2 comments:

Sara Ann said...

I would choose water too because you can always use candles or flashlights to see, but I need my shower and toilet! You are so funny, I can just see you telling the girls that they can't poop while you are gone:)

Unknown said...

Isn't this typical of children? Mine like to do the opposite of what I say too...hmm go figure! I choose water too! Yay water.