Thursday, December 13, 2007

Because Dave is Not Here

Dave is in Iquique for the week attending a management retreat (although it sounds like they're not doing much playing, just work... boring). Well everything happens when he is not here. I'm serious. Last night we had 4... yes, you heard me, FOUR earthquakes larger than 4.0. And they were all 30-40 miles away. After the first 3 I just slept in the girls room because I was so tired of running down the hall to their room (Ava was the only one who woke up to it... Hailey & Jinnie were sound asleep all night). We had a 4.4, a 5.3, a 6.0 & a 6.2, all between 2:20 am & 6:00 am. A few weeks ago Dave was actually able to experience a 6.0 in the middle of the night and was able to feel the adrenaline rush of not knowing if it would get bigger or not, and experience running down the hall to the girls room, just in case. I told him I was glad he was finally able to experience a little of what we have been through. I hope we don't have a repeat of last night when Dave is in town just so that he can experience it.

5 comments:

Ammon said...

I woke up once around 2:00am and I thought I was feeling and earthquake... but Ammon was sleeping soundly so I just rolled over and went back to bed--whoops!

Bethany said...

I've never felt an earthquake. It's so weird that your girls are growing up with that being normal.

Joel said...

I'll shake the bed really hard in the morning tomorrow when I leave for work, Beth. :)

Brooke Bennett said...

How scary that they're still such big earthquakes/aftershocks.

Unknown said...

Holy cow Lady! How on EARTH are you handling this? I think I would die, you are so strong. WOW, will keep you in my prayers.