Saturday, December 22, 2007

Home for Christmas

Grandma White passed away early this morning. She had really wanted to hold off until after Christmas, but what better way for her to spend the holy day? She will have no pain and will be able to celebrate with loved ones who passed before her... her husband, her parents, her sisters who died young.

All 4 of her children were able to spend time with her in the days and weeks preceding her death. Many prayers were offered in her behalf. Her last week was spent in the hospital, but fortunately she had very little pain (which is truly a miracle, as she has suffered from pain for many, many years). She is loved by many.

I won't be able to attend her funeral next Saturday, but I know that Grandma understands. She knows that my family and I love her and look forward to seeing her again in the next life. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation because I know this is not the end, and this understanding gives me such peace and happiness. In fact, I am excited for Grandma... she has finished her mission on this earth... what a great accomplishment! And just in time to celebrate Christmas.

1 comment:

Ammon said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. May the presence of the Spirit bring your family comfort during this time of sadness.