Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Guess Who's 6!


Today is Hailey's birthday. Can you believe I have a 6 year old? We had our family party on Saturday (Dave is in Santiago today, plus there is a farewell party for some missionaries), and Friday will be her big bash... and we're talking a BIG Chilean-style party. As in 40 children have been invited, plus parents usually accompany them. Anyway, back to Hailey.


Hailey is seriously the sweetest child. We prayed and prayed for her, and she was certainly worth the wait. Hailey is thoughtful, obedient, so smart, and helpful; it really is impossible not to love her. She had told me that she wanted pancakes for her birthday breakfast. It slipped my mind that her favorite topping is peanut butter and honey, so instead I prepared berries and whipped topping. Rather than bringing to my attention my mistake, when we were done eating she informed me that the reason she wanted pancakes is because she knew there would be leftovers and that she could have some with peanut butter and honey later on... how sweet is she?


By the way, this pictures is a year old, but I don't dare download anymore pictures at the moment... I really ought to just buy a new computer.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

that is great! what a sweet girl. I hope my daughter ends up being that sweet!

katharine said...

give hailey a big birthday hug from her texas aunt and cousins ;) we love you hailey!!! can't wait to see you again.

Skeeutopia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEY!!! I love the shirt she's wearing. You are so lucky to have so many friends (and you are so generous!) come to your birthday bash for Hailey. I can't imagine!! I hope your festivities go without a hitch and you take lots of pics for all of us to see! We miss you guys. I can't believe it's been that long since we were hanging out with baby Hailey. It's so wonderful to see them grow up to be such special little people. I can only hope mine are as sweet as Hailey.

Brooke Bennett said...

Hailey really is so super sweet! Happy Birthday Hailey! I'm so glad I was at Moms earlier so I could sing happy birthday over the phone to her!

Charity said...

Happy Happy Birthday Hailey! She is sooo sweet. I can't believe she is 6 already too. How crazy. I cannot wait to see you guys this summer.

Sara Ann said...

What a cute girl! Happy Birthday:) I love that you are going to hire either a magician or a barbie....does someone really dress like a barbie and come to parties? I think I have found my new calling in life...hee hee:)

Backwoods Browns said...

Oh tell her Happy Birthday from the cousins she's never met!! She looks like an absolute sweetheart! I know looks can be deceiving but since you have confirmed that she is as sweet as she looks ...even better!! I hope we will get to meet the rest of your family soon!! Enjoy the HUGE bash for Hailey!! Again HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAILEY!!!

Amy said...

Happy birthday yesterday Hailey. It sounds like you are going to have the funnest party. Can I come? I wish.

Suzette said...

Oh man, this means it's true. We've been in Michigan for 6 years! :) We moved here right after Hailey was born, I remember her well as a newborn. Infact, I think I cried when I saw her. The thought of one of my bestest friends having a baby sent me over the edge... and now look at us, Kim! :) Happy Birthday Hailey! You'll always have a special place in my heart. Cale's too.

Unknown said...

She looks so grown up. What a sweet girl...that story brought tears to my eyes. You are the best mom EVER...I dont' think I have ever made pancakes. :(

Bethany said...

I'm so excited about Hailey's party! I want to hear all the details and see pictures when you get a chance. I wish I could be there! So Fun!

Tami said...

Hi Kim! I loved getting a note from you on my blog. Thanks for saying hi. I have had a great time reading your blog! What fun adventures you guys are having. Hailey, actually all of your girls, are SOOO cute! It was fun to see what your family is up to. Good luck with your move!

emily said...

Happy Birthday Hailey!! What a cutie!