Sunday, May 4, 2008

HELP!


This past year there have been a ton of baby showers and I always seem to be the one in charge of the games. I've just been asked to do the games for another shower on TUESDAY night, and I am 100% out of ideas... any suggestions? Favorites? TIA

6 comments:

Skeeutopia said...

I so wanna help here - but I STINK at game stuff! My first suggestion would be to check out what's out there on the internet. Second, my favorites include the one where you have to name the animal that the baby goes to (i.e. kitten - cat) and no matter how many times I do it I still can never get them straight - but this is always a problem when faced with language barriers; also, there's the multiple choice where you customize it for the honoree and see you knows her the best (i.e. what jobs has she had?, what is her degree in?, How many siblings does she have?). I'm sure I'm no help, but thought you should know that I care! Good luck. Tell us what you end up doing.

Unknown said...

Oh man...I don't do games at baby showers.

Heidi said...

There is the yarn game where you have everyone guess the size of the expecting woman's belly...

Or the Baby ABC's where you have to list one baby item for each letter of the alphabet...

Bethany said...

We did both of the ones Heidi mentioned at her shower and they were really fun! I'll try to think of others.

Backwoods Browns said...

I have one that is so funny to do. I did it at my friends baby shower and suggested that Naomi do it at her sis-in-laws and everyone gets the biggest kick out of it.... You give a paper plate to everyone and a pen and have them draw a baby on the plate while it's on top of their head...no on put their name on it though... then the prego whos baby shower it is gets to decide who drew the best baby pic and they win.. then the plates get passed around to view because they are so stinkin funny!! It's a great one if you don't already know about it!! There is also the safety pin game-everyone starts out with 5 pins and if you hear anyone say baby, you get one of their pins, whoever has the most by the end wins. ALSO ( can you tell I've done and been to a few) You get diapers and smash and melt different kind of candy bars in them(the diapers are numbered) and they have to guess which ones they are!! Pretty nasty looking but nevertheless well loved, everyone likes a little gross out every once and awhile!!Or you can take off labels of babyfood jars and every one either has to taste them or smell them and guess what they are!! Well there you have it!! I have a few more but that should do!! Enjoy and good luck with some new games!!

Unknown said...

there is also baby shower bingo, everyone gets a blank bingo sheet and they fill in each square with what they think the person at the shower will receive like onsie, booties, hat, blanket, binky ect... whoever gets a bingo first wins.. Also get little safety pins metal onse big and small, then fill a few bowls with rice, then you blind fold the person who is up and they have to sift trough and pull out as many safety pins as possibe and put them in the empty bowl next to it... Hard, but fun...
another one is a cotton ball game get a big bowl filled with cotton balls and get a heavy spoon, blindfold again and they have to transfer as many cotton balls as possible to the empty bowl...
Finally diaper the baby game.. get a couple of baby dolls.. and a couple of diapers, break up into teams and each person is blindfolded and takes turns trying to put the diaper on the baby the fastest.. the first team to finish wins! that's all I've got. I am interested to know what you end up doing!!!