- We're still getting aftershocks... 1 1/2 hrs ago we have a 5.0 w/an epicenter 40 miles away from Antofagasta. Yesterday 3 of the aftershocks were over 5.0, with the largest 5.7. Rumor has it there have been 30+ small aftershocks... don't know where to verify that info, but I know I have felt a lot.
- An elevator in a medical building where my neighbor works crashed to the ground during the earthquake... miraculously nobody was inside. If an elevator can come crashing down, imagine what people in houses and shacks made out of clay & such have experienced in the hardest-hit areas.
- I think the power will remain on at this point. It returned @ 9:00pm, but then kept going on and off until 2:00am. (I know the time because a bunch of lights in the house turned on & woke me up;)). And speaking of power... I had assumed it would take a couple of days for the power to return... maybe it was an automatic assumption after experiencing the power outage in Michigan in June of 2004.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
A Little More Info
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment