Since the 7.7 on Wednesday there have been so many aftershocks. I'm not sure how many in total, but 22 have been larger than 4.0. On an average they are moving farther south, closer to Antofagasta. In the last hour we had a 6.0, a 5.2 and a 4.8, all 34-40 miles from Antofagasta, just off the coast of seal beach (there are literally thousands of seals there). The map above shows the earthquakes locations, size and time... there are 23 on there but there have been so many the older ones are being covered by the more recent ones.
2 comments:
Kim, that is crazy! I think I have only been in 2 earthquakes in my life, and I don't think they were very big ones. I can't imagine having so many in a short amount of time.
This is so frightening. I know there is a "big one" expected here. I don't know what I am going to do. You inspire me with your faith. I will keep you in my prayers!
Post a Comment