The power is back on after being off for a couple of hours again. We have also had some decent-sized aftershocks...6.8, 6.2 & more 4's & 5's. They seem to be traveling closer & closer to us, now at about 55 miles north of Antofagasta (ya, that's how close the 6.8 was). I certainly hope they stop soon!
Also, I guess the reason the big quake damaged the hotel yesterday (because everybody in the city really seems to take pride in the fact that the buildings are built to withstand bad earthquakes) is that rather than the ground moving horizontally like it normally does, it was also moving vertically.
Since yesterday we have had quite a few military helicopters flying overhead from the South, I assume taking supplies to the hardest-hit areas.
I honestly don't know how single parents do it. Dave gets home tomorrow night & it is not soon enough. I am so tired & I'm sure that I'll sleep in my clothes for a second night in a row tonight just in case we have another biggie. I'll keep you posted if anything new happens... well, if we have power;).

2 comments:
Holy Crap! I can't believe you keep having that big of aftershocks. Wow. I do kind of think Dave's company should let him be home with you during all of this. They can always reschedule stuff. I would be freaking out if all that was happening here and Shaun wasn't here with me. Your are one tough woman!
Brooke- as much as I would love Dave to be here, I don't feel that the situation is serious enough for him to reschedule his meetings in Santiago. If it were, or if I asked him to come, he would and the company would totally understand... it just hasn't gotten to that point (and I don't think it will).
Post a Comment