I want to turn my blog into a book for me to keep as a journal. My posts are already saved in a Word document just in case something happens to Blogger or my blog or whatever. I'm interested in two companies right now,
Blurb and
Lulu. Does anybody have any experience with either of them or know of any others? I want to know the good, the bad & the ugly. Thanks in advance!
8 comments:
That is an awesome idea! I didn't look at the blurb.com one a ton yet, but it might be the way to go 'cause it's specifically for blogs. It might be easier as far as formatting goes, but I'm not sure. I'll have to look into it a little more if I have time (and remember) and get back to you.
Okay, I decided I had time right then. I watched the video on the automatic "slurp" action for the blurb.com one on how it turns your blog into a book and it's really cool! It formats it with the comments and any links there might be on it and everything, but you still have a lot of control over formatting. Unless someone knows of another site that does this, I say go with blurb.
Now I need to make sure that my blog is always up to par with lots of cute pictures and updates on Kaylee, so I can make a book out of it.
Well, I have a friend that just made a book on blurb and it took her over 3 days to do only a few months! Yikes! Also, another friend of mine said that when she was trying it she had to remove a lot of pictures because of space and it was too tedious and time consuming so she gave up. I think this qualifies as either bad or ugly.
I love this idea, especially since I haven't written in my journal for 2 years! Let me know what you decide...
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly is a 1966 Italian epic spaghetti Western directed by Sergio Leone, starring Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, and Eli Wallach in the title roles.
The screenplay was written by Age & Scarpelli, Luciano Vincenzoni and Leone, based on a story by Vincenzoni and Leone. Director of photography Tonino Delli Colli was responsible for the film's sweeping widescreen cinematography and Ennio Morricone composed the famous film score.
It is the third film in the Dollars trilogy following A Fistful of Dollars (1964) and For a Few Dollars More (1965).
The plot centers around three gunslingers competing to find a fortune in buried Confederate gold amid the violent chaos of gunfights, hangings, Civil War battles, and prison camps.
Opening on December 23, 1966 in Italy and in the USA on December 29, 1967, the film grossed $6.1 million, but was criticized for its depiction of violence. Leone explains that "the killings in my films are exaggerated because I wanted to make a tongue-in-cheek satire on run-of-the-mill westerns... The west was made by violent, uncomplicated men, and it is this strength and simplicity that I try to recapture in my pictures." To this day, Leone's effort to reinvigorate the timeworn Western is widely acknowledged: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly has been described as European cinema's best representative of the Western genre film, and Quentin Tarantino has called it "the best-directed film of all time."
Now you know the good, the bad and the ugly. :) I'm so happy you've taken an interest in classic western films!
Joel, are we even now?
Yup. All is forgiven.
Welcome back into the fold, Kim. :)
i haven't looked into it yet, but i have a friend who does her own business in photo books and is getting started with blogs too:
http://blogstobooks.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment