Sometimes I love it in Chile, sometimes not so much. I'm going to focus on the hate aspect for today. Like food poisoning. Dave & I had a delicious dinner at the Yacht Club with some of the other managers and their wives. Each couple was from a different country... USA, Chile, Argentina & Brazil. I tried out the few Portuguese words I know on the couple from Brazil... I've been waiting a long time to use them. We came home, went to bed & a few hours later I was puking my guts out for the next couple of hours... major case of food poisoning. Nobody else was sick. Just me. Reminded me of our whole first year in Chile. Anytime I ate a green-leaf salad I would get food poisoning... not Dave. Not the girls. Just me.
Look how swollen Jinnie's finger is around the bite.
Hate spiders. We live in the perfect climate for those yucky creatures. It rains once every 7 years. It never snows. Never freezes. Even though we complain, it's never really cold... just cool. Basically spiders thrive here, and we now know that Antofagasta is the city with the most poisonous spiders in Chile. Good thing we're going to be moving soon (end of July?). So we noticed something on Jinnie's finger tonight. It looked kind of strange. We thought it might be a bite, so I looked up bites for brown recluse's on the internet (that's the worst of the spiders here, and unfortunately very common). Her finger looked similar to the less-serious pictures, so I gave my wonderful neighbors in #1 a call. The wife (the dermatologist) came up right away & was very upset about it. She said it's not from a brown recluse, but it is a spider bite & her finger is infected and it is bad. She has 2 meds for tonight, and first thing in the morning we'll go to the hospital for some kind of scan (I guess if it were from a brown recluse we'd be in the hospital right now). Anyway tomorrow when I get to the hospital I need to call her husbands cell phone (he's the medical director there) & he'll take care of us. Amazing. So I guess this post is also about the love relationship... love my neighbors.

8 comments:
SO scary. I'll keep little Jinnie in my prayers. I HATE spiders. Ew...just hate. Hope she feels better in the morning.
That's scary! Poor girl! I hope everything's fine and she heals quickly!
Oh, poor Jinnie! Scary! I hope she gets better really soon and it's nothing serious. Let me know if you need anything.
I seriously hate spiders! Thank goodness for your doctor couple downstairs.
And how come you always get food poisoning, but the rest of your family doesn't? Weird.
I am so sorry. How awful for both of you! I guess that every place has bad things about it and you get the spiders and the food poisoning. Bummer! I hope that everyone heals well soon.
oh spiders are the creepiest things ever!!! I would absolutely hate that!!! I hope jinnie is ok. Do spider traps work?
Oh man, this looks painful, poor Jinnie! It's the saddest thing when our little ones are hurt or sick.
I can relate with the food poisoning. It's like Cale has intestines of steel. No fair!
I HATE SPIDERS! I am so sorry for little Jinnie!! SO sad. Glad things are healing well now and that it wasn't a brown recluse. So glad you have those great neighbors.
Post a Comment