Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day to Me!

This year was the best Mothers Day yet. Rather than Dave planning everything, he decided to let the girls plan it (I am their mother, after all). On Saturday he took them shopping, where they chose the gifts as well as the meals, and on Sunday he supervised the 'cooking'.

They brought me breakfast in bed. Ava made me toast just the way I like it... she knows I love it with peanut butter & raspberry jam. Hailey made me some chocolate milk with Nesquick. Hailey had also picked out my favorite pudding at the store, and Ava picked out our favorite cereal (or as she calls it, "my favorite little cereal") with yogurt. It was wonderful.

Next came presents. The girls each made me some lovely flowers at school, and Dave had helped them make some cards for me earlier in the week. Ava also gave me some chocolate cookie sticks and my favorite Chilean candy bar, Shananuz. Hailey gave me a Spanish book about the human body. At the store Dave suggested many other gifts, but she was positive that was what I wanted. I think it is because recently in school they learned about all of the systems of the body, and so we would study up on the human body in some books we have at home. Apparently Hailey assumed I was loving the learning as much as she was; she made sure I looked at each and every page of the book and even informed us that she thinks I'm going to be a doctor when I grow up... love these girls!

Lunch was also planned and prepared by the girls. Hailey made asparagus soup (from a package) and turned it into her special recipe (which she will make for me and Dave when we are old and sick) by adding salt, pepper, and fresh-ground pepper. Ava made a salad, which we topped with cheese & strawberries. Dave made guacamole for the chips (too much chopping involved for the girls). They also gave me a personal-sized jello and a drinkable yogurt. For dessert we had pink cake (raspberry cake).

Aren't they amazing?!? I love being a mom. Each day brings new challenges and discoveries... wouldn't trade it for anything.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet! Your girls are adorable! What a lucky mom you are!!! I am glad you had a great day!!!

Bethany said...

They are so funny! I can't wait to see you guys! It's crazy how grownup all your girls are now. They're so thoughtful. Shoot, Hailey's even thinking about taking care of you when you're old. It doesn't get more thoughtful than that. :)

katharine said...

so are you going to be a doctor when you grow up ;)
what a fun day - love it!

Christine said...

now that is too cute! I love that idea. Your girls are so thoughtful...that is amazing! Happy Mothers Day to one of the best moms I know!

emily said...

Happy Mother's Day! That is so sweet of your girls and Dave!

Charity said...

That is so sweet. How cute. I am glad you had such a nice Mother's Day.