Friday, October 24, 2008

Mamitas

Last weekend 2 of Dave's mamitas, Mamita Maria Lidia and Ena, from Copiapo came to stay with us while they were in Santiago for a temple trip. Mamita is Spanish for little mom, which is what these wonderful women were to Dave while he served his mission... their families really took care of him. He actually served in Copiapo twice, so he knew them fairly well. Since living in Chile we have visited them twice and they visited us once in Antofagasta, but it had been over a year since we had seen them so it was good to catch up.

Enjoying a picnic lunch at Cerro San Cristobal
The Virgin Mary statue on top of Cerro San Cristobal
Jinnie enjoyed walking up the stairs to see the statue, but she preferred jumping down... thank goodness the mamitas were there to help her!We took the gondolas up and down the hill... here is a shot of Ava in the gondola in front of us (the mamitas were with her, you just can't see them).Enjoying a nice ice-cream on a HOT, HOT day (why do I love rubbing it in so much? oh ya... because that's what so many of you do to me when I'm freezing & you're swimming)Enjoying the trampoline... I think it was Ena's 1st time on one, but Mamita Maria Lidia was sooo excited to jump- she hadn't been on one since she was last in the USA.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so fun that you got to meet up with them again. I know Dan would love to see some of the families in his mission again too. What a fun time.

Backwoods Browns said...

It so nice meeting up with friends you haven't seen for a while! What a fun time you had together! Hopefully you'll get to see each other more often!

Anonymous said...

Your husband is so lucky!
Randy served his mission in Argentina, he dreams all the time about taking me there and visit all the wonderful people he knew there.

The funiculares(gondolas) are so much fun! Did you go to the Zoo? I thinks is at the other side of Cerro San Cristobal.

Saludos!

Sara Ann said...

FUN! I am so jealous that it is warm there and I am stuck in freezing cold Logan, I am literally green with envy and blue with cold, so I am turquoise! (now do you feel better?) ;)

Suzette said...

What a great experience to meet up with Dave's favorite people from his mission! It must bring back such wonderful memories...

Rhitzclan said...

Yeah I forget that it's the opposite season there. We are so tired of the winters here in CO that we may be moving to Hawaii! Wouldn't that be fun? =) I love the idea for those play-doh cookies! I'll have to make them with Hunter and Gabriella.