- 3/4 C butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla extract (yummy, but next time I think I'll try almond flavoring)
- 2 and 3/4 C flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- assorted food coloring...
1. In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir until soft dough forms. Divide dough into Fourths. Tint each with a different food coloring. Wrap in plastic and chill for two hours. (or stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes)
3. Preheat oven to 350. Shape colors into 3/4 inch balls. For each cookie place one pink, one orange, one green, and one blue ball together and roll to make one giant ball. Roll into a 12 inch long snake, and then starting at one end coil roll to make a cookie... or pretend it's play dough and make whatever you want! Place cookies 2 to 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet to allow for spreading.
4. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.Enjoy!

12 comments:
That is just too cool! I can't wait to do that with my kids! They love play dough, so this will be great! Thanks for sharing!!
So fun! Cute cookies... even cuter girls!!!
Hi! Just found your blog. A friend who found me, shared your blog with me. I'm in Santiago. Your girls are absolutely beautiful! Hope you don't mind if I blog stalk... lol.
I can't wait to try those with rice flour! Rice flour always seems to work better for me when cream cheese is involved. Yum! And cute girls!
Those look so fun!
I'm back from my reunion, I'll have to tell you all about it. Definitely worth going...
what a cute idea. Looks like you had a lot of fun. I will definitely have to try that someday...
Those look cool! Remember how we used to love the play dough ice cream? Do they even make that anymore?
WHen I was pregno with my last MAx, I craved REAL playdoh my last semester, maybe I will have to make these if I get that craving again ...to trick myself.
That is such a good idea for kids! Heck, its a good idea for me! I wanna make those!
yummy. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I am going to try it with my kiddos I bet they will love it.
Looks yummy! I've got one similar that we always make at Christmas time- with red and white, and then make candy canes, but yours look like fun for all the time! Thanks!
SO cute...been looking for fun things to do with my kids. Can't wait to try this. :)
Post a Comment