Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Day Late and Some Baggage Short


We're home! Because of strong winds in Chicago we arrived Tuesday instead of Monday (wahoo... 1 extra day in Wisconsin with Dave's family!). I was planning on spending today unpacking our 10 pieces of luggage, but unfortunately am unable to do so. We only have 4 of them, and they were easy to unpack (the clothes we took with us, some of Grandma White's jewelry, and peanut butter). A recent phone call informed us that 2 more will arrive at the house sometime today, but the other 4 are still missing in action. All I can say is they had better be found because I spent way too much time and money shopping for all of their contents. I've never lost luggage before, and now I lose 6 out of 10? Have any of you ever lost your luggage? If so, was it found?

6 comments:

Skeeutopia said...

Thankfully, the stuff we lost was usually a car seat, or Dave's bags (heh heh). We always got it back, but it was also here in the States. We also got a "replacement" car seat for our lost one, which they don't want back, so now we have a permanent one in Cali for when we visit. Talk about lemonade from our lemons!

Bethany said...

That stinks! They really better find them. How are you supposed to remember all the contents of the bags if you have to replace them? I'm so sorry.

Sara Ann said...

On our flight to New Zealand a few years ago they took all of the luggage off the plane before we left LA because of bad weather. I guess the plane would fly better if it was lighter. So we got to New Zealand with no luggage and a wedding the next day. We were about to go buy new clothes so we could go to the wedding but our luggage showed up just in time:) Good luck!!

Backwoods Browns said...

That really BITES!! I hope they find it. That is a lot to loose of 1 persons luggage! Good Luck on that!

katharine said...

half our luggage was lost on the way to italy. but we did get it all within a day or so. has yours been found yet??! looking forward to reading your posts again. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a mess hope you got all your luggage back... Thank you for the gift it was really great... it will come in handy.. the clips are cute too! I can't wait till EmmaLynn's hair is long enough to put little bretts and bows in!