We have ALL 10 pieces of luggage and carry-ons (that's 7 suitcases, 3 32-gallon plastic bins, 3 backpacks, a laptop, diaper bag, duffel bag & double stroller). They all arrived the day after we got home. We brought back sooo much. Chocolate chips, peanut butter, clothes, shoes, toys, Big Red, Craisins, purifying water bottles, Tide & Clorox pens, brownie mix, Butterfingers, more clothes, more toys, movies (namely High School Musical 1 & 2), Cd's (refer to movies), books, more clothes. OK, so I know we brought back more, just can't think right now. We really NEEDED everything that was purchased;)
Several people have asked us why we came back just a few days before the 4th of July. I'm pretty sure that it's just so we could see the 4th of July display at Jumbo (the grocery store that opened 1 1/2 years ago & honestly changed my life because it's so nice & has such great products- I might as well be in the USA, except for all of the Chilean products & Spanish). Back to the display... there were red, white & blue balloons in the shape of the US flag, as well as posters advertising our Independence Day! Plus there were more American products than usual (like they have Craisins again... every time I bring some back from the US, they decide to actually stock them again) and Snickers. And just about everything was on sale! The cream of chicken soup was only $2/can instead of $4. The Snickers were $4 for a 6 pack. A&W root beer was just over $1/can. Oh, and happy day... we now have Clorox Disinfecting Wipes!!! We have made it!
I enjoyed making my purchases in this little section for a 4th of July party we hosted for our friends from the US. Thought you might enjoy this picture of some of the stuff purchased that day.
We're still planning on moving to Santiago sometime soon. Probably August. Hoping to get down there next week to decide which area we want to live in and what school to send the girls to. Although we've loved having them in a Spanish-speaking school, we'll most likely go with an English one this time around. Especially during these early years when they're learning to read and write, we think it's best that English is their stronger language.
Wow... finally took the plunge. Hope to start posting regularly again.

14 comments:
hooray! you're posting again - so good to hear from you :)
Wow, I guess that there are a lot of things that we take for granted in the US. I haven't even thought about Big Red in about 10 years. Are you talking about the gum? If so, that is good stuff. I am glad that you guys had a great trip to the states. Good luck on your move!
Holy Cow! You don't realize how much fun and yummy foods we have till your away from them! I would bring back all the things you listed too! I love Snickers!It's always been my fav!!So did you get all your suitcases back? I couldn't remember if I saw. You probably did with all the things you listed! I guess you'll have some good eats again for a while!!Oh...and post away I'll read them all even if there is 20 new ones :)
I am glad you are back on the blog! It was really fun to see you while you were in Utah:)
Beautiful family photo. Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. Sounds like a really fun time. Glad you're back.
You are amazing, Kim. You are able to pull off quite the normal existence in El Sur del Mundo. Good for you! I'm excited for you to go to Santiago - you've got to tell me where you're looking to live. And then where you end up. Good luck!
I'm so glad you're posting again! And that you got all your suitcases back! And that you got American food! I took pictures of our ice cream from the 4th. I'll try to post it soon.
Looks like you scored on the US goods!! Glad you got your luggage. I would have been a stress case until I got them. I am sure traveling with all that luggage and three little girls was not easy! Are you glad your back? DId you have fun??
Kim.. you asked me what camera I use.
I got fed up with my Olympus Stylus 800 that gave me blurry, off-colored pictures and decided that if I'm taking as many pictures as I do..I wanted to get a good, fast camera so I found a Nikon D80 online for sale. It gets clear and sharp pictures of my fast, non stop kids and everything else! Well worth every penny!!!!
So glad to see you're posting again and you recovered all your luggage! I can't believe how much they charge you for American foods down there! I thought Rexburg was bad!! I am glad you got to have an American holiday with American food. We are really blessed in this country! I hope your move to Santiago goes well! I guess I missed it- will Dave be with the same company or is he starting a new job down there?
I know how it is.. once you got out of the habit it is hard to start doing it pretty regular again. I am trying to do better also. Glad to hear all the goods you were able to bring back... I am sure I would have needed all that stuff too!!! :) Can't wait to keep reading and Thank you again for the bow holder it is adorable!
I too am glad you have all of your luggage and that it didn't take too long. Thanks again for coming to see us, sorry we took so long getting home!
Hey Kim,
You guys don't, by chance, have an extra High School Musical DVD cover there with you, do you?
We can't find the cover to our DVD...I mean Beth's DVD. I don't own it - she does. And she's worried about it.
Yeah, that's the ticket!
Post a Comment