We're trying to adjust to our new church schedule. The entire country of Chile has been participating in a pilot program for the church for the past 4 years, and it ended the beginning of July. In the beginning of the pilot, church lasted 2 hours- Sacrament Meeting and then either Sunday School or Relief Society/Priesthood, switching off each week. Then it was switched to 2 hours 15 minutes of church- 1 hour of Sacrament Meeting and 35 minutes of each of the classes.
For the last two weeks we have had 3 hour church again. When we were visiting Utah & Wisconsin it was just fine, but to do it in Spanish has really hurt my brain. Today in Sunday School I thought it was about time for class to end, but when I looked at the clock I was quite surprised to find we had another 30 minutes. We won't be going inactive or anything over it, but the adjustment is just as difficult as I expected.

6 comments:
Bleh, that is tough. I was just saying to Neil today. "I think church needs to be shorter" Sometimes my brain just can't take it for three hours!
wow, I guess it is safe to say they aren't changing the amount of time anytime soon... hehe! it can be difficult to stay all 3 hours especially when you have a baby you are trying to keep quiet for 3 hours strait! Half the time I don't get to listen to a lot! I am sure you know how that is..
Man, that is a total bummer! I miss the days of 2:15 church. So did they decide to keep it at 3 hours for good? I think the 2 hour schedule makes more sense for young kids. Good luck with the adjustment!
Wow! nice to hear from you. What is the world are you doing in Chile. It is fun to see your cute little family. PS-I couldn't live without Peanut Butter. How do you survive :)
That's a bummer. I was really hoping your previous schedule would be adopted church-wide.
I would love to have 2 hour church!! I'm lucky if I get much of anything at church besides social interaction in the Mother's lounge or in the hall for burp time lately! :)
Post a Comment