How old were you when you received your 1st dress? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm guessing that my 1st dress was either before or shortly after my birth. My girls had dresses before they were even born.
Today was a ward conference for a ward where Dave served as a missionary a hundred years ago. We were handing out more of the dresses from my mom's humanitarian project to the little girls. There is one little girl that was quite a handful. She was wearing a very cute jumper with a boys shirt underneath... kind of a strange combination. Well, each of the girls received 2 dresses and the mom of this particular little girl was very excited. She told me that her daughter received the jumper this past Thursday from somebody at school, and that it was her 1st dress. And just a few days later she has 3 dresses! This little girl is 5 or 6 and she now has her first 3 dresses.
A little more about this family (it's amazing... I had no idea that this little girl was the sister to these 2 boys). I was in a primary class with the Sr. Primary (not enough children to separate into more classes). There was a cute boy, probably 10, with a very mischievous look to him. He was very nice & helpful to his teacher and for some reason I just felt like we had a connection. Then when I went into Sharing Time, he had a chair saved for me... what a sweet boy! We had brought some Book of Mormon's from the missionaries to give to the children without their own... he didn't have one of his own & was so thrilled to receive one!
The other brother is in Young Men's and heard me play the piano on Friday night at a training meeting for his ward. When the training was over he asked if I would like to join his rock band. I told him I didn't have the time right now, but thanks for asking! No one has ever asked me to be part of a band... maybe I should reconsider;).

No comments:
Post a Comment