Thursday, August 16, 2007
Earthquake in Peru
I had no idea that there was even an earthquake until this morning. People felt it even 8 hours south of where we live. Either we were too busy, or we just didn't notice it because we have earthquakes here quite often. I guess that there were Tsunami warnings in Antofagasta until midnight. It's strange- yesterday the waves were bigger than I'd ever seen them. Even in the morning from the house they were very big and the whole ocean looked choppy. Then when we were driving along the coast with some friends, all of the children mentioned that it looked like a tsunami because the waves were huge and crashing onto the sidewalks. I'm grateful that it wasn't one, but I wonder if the earth was starting to unsettle earlier in the day and it was having an effect on the waves. It looks like there was a lot of devastation in Peru. I hope that those whose lives were effected are able to have the strength they need to overcome their new trials.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment