Friday, April 17, 2009

My Favorite Things

A long time ago Suzette tagged me and I was supposed to blog about my 10 favorite things. Now that I finally am, I'm learning that I have a lot more than 10 favorite things so I will stop at 13 because I need to go to bed. In no particular order, here are some of my favorite things (wow, I kind of feel like Oprah... except that as far as owning these products, you're on your own)!

My charm braclette from my dear friends in Antofagasta. Just before we moved they presented me with this beautiful gift, each charm having a different meaning that is near and dear to my heart (the one posted isn't mine, it's just taken by a better photographer than me). I love wearing this because it is both super stylish and full of memories. Want one? (I know you do) Check out Charming Gifts.

Vonage has changed my life. We are saving about $100/month with it since I can talk to anyone and everyone in the USA (or that has a USA phone number) for under $25/month. Did I mention caller id, call waiting, voice mail, party calls, etc are included in the price? It is for sure a favorite.

Not sure if the dipping chocolate in Chile is bad or if my recent discovery of Ghirardelli's 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips is just a cut above the rest. Let's just say that chocolate-covered peanut butter balls have NEVER tasted so good.

For those of you who knew me in my caffeine drinking days (I was such a sinner, I know), you know that I really enjoy the flavor of Mountain Dew. I have often craved the Dew since quitting, but have done pretty well at not giving into the temptation. Lucky me because in Chile, Canada Dry has a caffeine-free drink called Limon Soda that tastes just like Mountain Dew. Do the Dew- I mean Limon Soda.

I don't think I have ever used Mod Podge until the last few weeks. Now I'm crazy looking through my house for more things to cover in cute scrapbooking paper. Good thing my daughters are young enough to enjoy coming home from school to find yet another of their frames changed from boring wood to a work of art:)

We may be slightly white trash. When we visit the US we pack as lightly as possible, meaning that we bring a total of 5 or 6 suitcases, mostly stacked in eachother with a few clothes and shoes. Then we shop like crazy because the prices and quality are usually a lot better than in Chile. And since we can bring back a total of 10 pieces of luggage (wahoo, international flights still allow 2!), we buy four or five 30 gallon plastic bins to pack full with our loot! Plastic bins are a lot cheaper in the USA. Plus they hold a lot, weigh less and work as storage when we return!

We recently purchased this beauty 2nd hand and we're LOVING IT! It has really changed our Friday Night Movie Nights with the girls. Although I think part of why I'm loving it so much is that we got it for such a steal:)

Since purchasing this little memory card reader, uploading photos has become faster and much more convenient. Definitely a favorite.

I've loved Bath and Body Works Antibacterial lotion for a while now, usually prefering the Country Apple scent. While the other scents are great, what has recently stolen my heart... I mean nose... is Coconut Lime Verbena. I keep one in the diaper bag, purse, car, etc... who doesn't love sanitizer and yummy lotion combined?

Love these curlers. If you see me and my hair looks great it's because I used them. If it is struggling, I didn't.

Who doesn't love these? When they first came to Antofagasta about a year ago I thought I'd died and gone to heaven (again... that's how I felt when they came out in the US). I keep one under the kitchen sink to wipe everything down after working with poultry, fish or meat. There is one in the bathroom to do a quick wipe-down before guests come, as well as clean up the occasional accident from my potty-training daughter.

Bought one of these when Jinnie was a baby and have never regreted it. I have used it while shopping, picking up Hailey and Ava from school, even hiking through sand dunes. Love that it is comfortable and practical, as well as HOTT!

Progressive Magnetic Measuring Spoons are cute, double sided (oval for dry, round for liquids), and magnetic. It's great that they are not attached by an annoying ring, so you can use just one and not have to wash the whole set- yet you can keep them together and organized.

7 comments:

lynette said...

Does it count if 7 of things on your list are my favorites too? I'll probably save this tag for a couple of weeks when I have absolutely nothing to blog about!

Rachel said...

I love your favorite things. Some are mine too. I need to go get me some of those measuring spoons. I love that they are magnetic and double sided.

katharine said...

i don't know if i can come up with 10 things - you have some pretty cool ones!

RedWarthen said...

How fun!! I LOVE the Coconut Lime lotain also:) Do you remember movie nights at Baronessa A3 when you and Suzette would bring home the projector? Good times!!

Boo and Sara said...

I love your list of favorite things! We are really liking Michigan! The weather is starting to warm up and there is a lot of fun things to do with my kids. I am not sure if I had told you but we found a place in Bloomfield Hills, which we love. If there are any must see places here, let me know.
Hope all is well.
Sara

Charity said...

I too need to get some of those measuring spoons. I am excited to do my list I need to get back into the whole blog thing I can never find the time anymore. I am taking a grad course and it is sucking up all my time!

Unknown said...

LOVE modge podge and I have the same curlers! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!