Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Or not so happy. I am home from church with Ava and Jinnie, who have been been puking and with fever. Today they are much better, but not yet ready to venture out of the house. So glad they are starting to feel better. We had a lot of plans because it was a 3-day weekend (thanks to the Catholic influence in Chile). Unfortunately we just hung out around the house waiting for the sickness to stop. And playing with the bunnies and guinea pig we've been babysitting since Thursday. The girls have been in heaven. Hailey said, 'mom, I know you're thinking about letting us get a pet, that's why you're letting us babysit the bunnies'. Sorry, Hailey. No such luck.

I witnessed an interesting 'parade' on Friday night (Good Friday). I'm not sure if it's a Catholic thing, a Chilean thing, or a Catholic Chilean thing. Anyway, I was driving to visit a friend but was unable to use certain roads because there was a procession of church-goers with candles lit, following 3 crosses. The most interesting part was the 'music' they had playing over the speakers. I believe it was supposed to be Christ singing and moaning in pain. It was really very loud, dark, and depressing. I realize that at the death of Jesus it was also dark and depressing. It was interesting to me though because as Mormons, we focus more on the resurrection than on the death of Jesus. I am so grateful for a Savior who suffered for my sins so that I may return to live with Him and my Heavenly Father, as well as my family for eternity. I am also grateful for the resurrection of Jesus, that we may also be resurrected.

5 comments:

lynette said...

hope your kids get well soon! happy easter!

Brooke Bennett said...

So sad that they're sick. Hope they get better soon!

Tamara said...

Hey Kim,

I'm in the same boat. I went to church ALONE today because Jared was home with 2 sick kids! :( That's the way it goes sometimes I guess. Hope they get feeling better SOON! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

So interesting how other people view christ. I hope everyone gets feeling better and were able to enjoy easter too.

Amanda said...

Sorry you've got sick kids! I remember the processions and how depressing they were. I too am so thankful for the resurrection.