So apparently I'm a bad blogger. I do have my excuses. Most of the time my computer doesn't work, and Dave was in Canada for a week so I was unable to use his work laptop (he's back and I'm trying to get all of my computer time in before he takes it with him in the morning:)). And no pictures because my camera was stolen... or so I thought.
For 3 weeks I have been turning the house upside down looking for our camera. The new camera we bought in December. The one with a memory card full of pictures not saved anywhere else. We prayed that we would find it. Hailey and Ava didn't forget to pray for its safe return even once. I finally figured out where it was stolen and was getting ready to start camera shopping again. Today in Primary I was asked last minute to cover sharing time. As I was reaching in my Primary bag for a piece of paper, I instead pulled out my camera. I had looked in that bag probably 5 times for the camera, and never found it. It worked out perfectly that I was able to tell the children how Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. And what a great lesson and faith-building experience for my daughters.
So many of you have asked how to help with the children in the orphanage, and the posibility of adoption. Unfortunately only 5 of the 36 children in CONIN are currently available for adoption. Because of some corrupt laws, horrible parents can have their children taken away, but unless the parents release their parental rights, the children will not be available for adoption- instead they will live with a ton of other kids, not enough adults, and lots of crib time. As far as adopting the few that are actually adoptable, it is almost impossible for a US citizen to adopt them.
On a happier note, the website for helping these children will be up and running soon!

6 comments:
Hey, this is Nate (I'm the first to comment hahaha:)) So I like the story about your camera, I had a similar thing on my mission with a church key. The key disappeared, and right when I was going to go tell the bishop I looked in the couch (where I had looked a hundred times) and it was sitting right there...interesting how it works sometimes.
Nice to hear from you again :)
It's so sad about not being able to adopt the kids :( Can't wait till the website gets up and running!!
Glad you also found your camera! I think it's wonderful that you got to make it a teaching experience right then and there!
So glad to hear of your camera's safe return. That sorta thing can be pretty stressful. Now, where are those pics??? J/K.
Also, does that mean that a Chilean citizen can adopt those kids (e.g. ME), or do they require that the kids stay in Chile? It is so sad when laws make it impossible for charity to take place.
Wow, that makes me sad about the children. Can't wait to see the new blog. It makes me feel better about helping when I KNOW that good is happening on the other end of my efforts- ya know? Thanks Kim.
Wow! I wish the Venezuelan person who STOLE our camera would return it. Probably not going to happen. What a perfect example to the girls of answered prayers.
I look forward to seeing your website for the orphans. I am glad that you guys found your camera!
Post a Comment