Grrrrr.... Jinnie has an ear infection. Weren't tubes supposed to magically take care of this problem? It also looks as if she has allergies, but we're not entirely sure (as in she is on meds for them, but has not had the blood test to see if she really does have allergies. Basically she has had ear infections & a really bad cough (to the point that she coughs so hard she vomits some nights) for 1/2 of her life. Right now she is on ammoxacillin (spelling?) , antibiotic ear drops, 2 different allergy meds that she breathes, 2 ointments for a rash on her neck that she has had since she was in the hospital getting tubes, a diaper ointment for a yeast infection, Tylenol for her fever, and the occasional Oragel (yes... she is getting a new tooth right now as well).
Her dr's have also prescribed a cough syrup, a cough suppository, allergy drops, an RX fever reducer, and visits to a chiropractor. We tried the chiropractor 2x. People in Chile swear by this treatment to get rid of flem trapped in the chest. Basically Jinnie screamed while laying on the table, while each side of her chest took turns being pressed, massaged, exercised, squeezed, tortured, or whatever you want to call it. Let's just say I had to sit down because I just about passed out. Not only did we both hate it, her ear started draining puss after... so did the chiropractor cause the ear infection? Everyone here claims no, but I don't believe it.
Anyway, the meds that she's actually taking seem to be starting to help. She hasn't had a fever today. She only woke up once last night screaming from pain. She hasn't vomited during a coughing fit for almost a week. Pus is no longer draining from Jinnie's ear. She wasn't very lethargic today. Maybe we're on the mend.

3 comments:
Poor Jinnie! :(
I hear a good cure for ear infections is taking a toothbrush and washing it in the toilet and then brushing her ears with that.
Just an idea. :)
poor jinnie! that really does seem too young for a chiropractor.
katharine
kim...aaah! I so know the frustration of ear infections. I'm thinking of you!!!!
Post a Comment