I know that at least a few of you are... I am a bit as well;). As far as Dave's job goes, a Canadian gold company (Yamana) really wants Meridian... so badly that they don't really want to take no for an answer, so they keep raising the $$$ for what they are willing to pay for it (basically what they would pay the people that have Meridian stock). So far not enough of the share-holders are willing to take the $$$ for their stocks because they think the stock is worth more. Now Yamana has offered more $ & extended the deadline. They already have quite a few shares, so it looks like they may soon take over Meridian. Did that clear things up at all? If you're still confused, sorry... check the internet for more info.
How will this effect us? At first we didn't think it would be too big of a deal because we think Dave would be safe in his job. But now we're starting to think about all of the little details (mostly because this is a Canadian company). Would we have to pay Canadian, US & Chilean taxes? Would we have US health care or only Canadian? We really don't want to be withouth US insurance. Would we be paid in US or Canadian $? With our visas would we have to spend any time in Canada during the year? How would our mail be forwarded? Would it be sent to Canada and then Chile? Anyway, maybe Meridian will remain Meridian. All I know is that I'm not quite ready to leave the ocean.

1 comment:
Wow, crazy. I hope everything works out for you.
Post a Comment