Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Honey I'm Home!

First of all, can you believe I'm actually blogging? It's a miracle. And it will be a miracle if we ever get our house completely put together. Here is a photo tour... the first 2 are from the MLS & the rest I took when the house was being inspected (the furniture, decorations, etc. are not ours... when my house is picture worthy you may get to see some pictures of us living in it. Or not). Also, the tour will start with the basement because I don't want to take the time to put everything in a more pleasing order. Be grateful for what you get:)
We're on 5 acres and we're loving the space!
Family & play room. Maybe someday we'll have a tv. Or maybe not.
View from the other side of the room. The door (which is open) leads upstairs.
View from the family room into the downstairs kitchen/ office/ not sure yet. It will be something I'm sure.
View of Jinnie & the downstairs kitchen & the family room.

Guest room. When are you coming to visit?
Utility room. This room is huge. And it's full of stuff. We have geothermal heating, in-floor heating, a septic & a well. Plus the regular things that are in a utility room.



The girls room. All three of them are in there. And so far they haven't complained.
The girls closet. It has a lot more clothes in it than it used to.
The girls bathroom. Yes, it is amazing. I think that every family with a lot of girls should have this bathroom. It has separate rooms for the toilet and the shower. Plus a huge vanity. The girls have really had fun doing each others hair in the chairs:) I can only imagine that as the girls get older, we will appreciate this bathroom even more.




The kitchen. I love it. When looking for a house I wanted a nice kitchen. Dave wanted property. This is what we found.

View from the living room... so pleasant.

The fireplace is wood-burning... we'll see if I can talk Dave into using this winter.
Zacks room (plus another guest bed). He needs a brother to share it with him. Someday.
Zacks closet. It is mostly boxes at the moment. None of boxes belong to him. He's nice to share.Zacks bathroom. It's also the main bathroom. It doesn't have a bathtub so he bathes in the kitchen.
Laundry/piano/possible mud-room... room. The piano won't stay here long. It will be moved to the basement (the owner gave it to us... I want to paint it blue. Still trying to talk Dave into it).
My room.
My tub. It has yet to be used. Hopefully one day soon I'll have time to clean it and then take a nice long bath with a book:)
Shower. It has 5 shower heads. One Sunday we woke up late & the girls didn't shower the night before. I threw them in the shower with me & everyone had their own shower head. 4 people showered in the amount of time it usually takes 1 person. It was amazing.
That's it. Hope you enjoyed the tour. Hope that those of you that kept asking for pictures are satisfied.

11 comments:

katharine said...

wow, that's a lot of house! I love the kitchen. Can't wait to see you work your magic in there. Is Dave enjoying keeping up the lawn?

lynette said...

WOWIE, I love it! I'm so happy for you guys! And your KITCHEN! A big difference from your little kitchen in Antofa. Let us know when you're ready for visitors! ;)

Sara Ann said...

Wow! Great! Your utility room looks like a science lab. Love the girls bathroom, and yes, take it from my parents when you have teenagers you will LOVE it. Love the shower story, haha awesome:) It looks great! Maybe I will have to come visit!

Bethany said...

Finally!!! It looks awesome! Though your utility room frightens me.

I want to come help with everything. And I'll paint your piano blue, so you won't get in trouble with Dave. It really needs to be blue.

Seriously. I love it all and can't wait to see it in person!

Amanda said...

Awesome! Love it! How lucky to get a kitchen AND property, plus all of the other great areas in the house!

Mitchell Family said...

Kim- I love your new house!! You guys did great finding it! Don't worry, we have been in our home for 1 year and I am still trying to get everything where I want it. Always something to do. . .with lots of cute kiddos! Enjoy!

Sarah Bisel said...

It's perfect....just like you! Congrats on finding the perfect home. I love it.

Martha said...

Congrats on getting into a great home. I LOVE the kitchen! Hope you are all sttling in nicely. Love, martha and all

Joel said...

I've thought it over, and your house is cool enough for us to come visit and see.

Just make sure that you have blinds on those windows. I don't want the coyotes staring at us.

Hetzlers said...

WOW! I am so jealous! That is like my dream house and property!! That is so awesome!! I love it! Congrats on finding such a wonderful home!!

Hetzlers said...

WOW! I am so jealous! That is like my dream house and property!! That is so awesome!! I love it! Congrats on finding such a wonderful home!!