Zackariah John Ponczoch
Birthday: October 26, 2010
Weight: 8lbs 1oz
Length: 20"
Time: 1:03pm
If you are interested in the details, read on... otherwise I'd skip to the pictures:)
After waiting so long to be able to get pregnant, I didn't think that the 9 month wait to deliver would be a big deal... I was surprised at how each day leading up to the birth seemed longer than the last. Baby decided not to come on its own, and so an induction date was set for Tuesday, October 26, my father-in-law John's birthday (a day shy of 41 weeks gestation).
We picked my mom up from the airport on Monday morning. That night I came down with something and puked my guts out all night. Woke up the next morning, got the girls off to school and headed for the hospital. We got there a bit later than planned because traffic was extra heavy that day. Glad I wasn't in labor because I would have most likely delivered in the car.
In Chile you have both a doctor and a midwife. I love it. And both of ours were great. At about 9:45 the midwife started my labor. The contractions came quick and strong, one starting as soon as the last had stopped. I had planned on going all natural like I had with Ava and Jinnie, but I was so weak from being sick all night that I ended up opting for an epidural. I still feel a tinge of regret, but I don't know that I would have been able to make it without one. The midwife and the anesthesiologist were both great and by my side the whole time (as was Dave, although I did get mad at him for whistling). Meds were given to slow down the contractions. About noon I was at a 5 and my water broke. About 40 minutes later I was at a 10 and ready to push. The midwife gave me meds to slow down the contractions. She called the doctor and told him in 15-20 minutes I'd be ready to push, called the pediatrician and told her to come and warm up the bed for the baby.
The baby was posterior, so during the first 2 contractions while pushing the doctor turned him with his hands. The third contraction, our baby was born- total from start to finish just over 3 hours. Even though most people thought I was having a boy, I'll admit that I was very surprised. I really just assumed we were having a girl again. I had absolutely no idea how quickly and completely I could fall in love with a baby boy. I can't keep my eyes off of him, and am truly enjoying this newborn stage.
Can you believe there was only 1 baby in there?
Getting to know little Zack
Proud daddy
Zack loves his fingers, thumb & pacifier
His sisters are also in love
Grandma giving Zack his first bath at home... too bad he pooped for just about forever during it:)

22 comments:
Oh!!!! I love him already!!! He is seriously so cute!!!
SO SO CUTE! You guys need to come visit... like NOW... so we can all see him in person!!
He is so sweet! I am so excited for you guys!
So fun! 3 hours...I'm so happy for you and mad at you at the same time :)hah. He's quite the handsome man. Liam can't wait to play with him.
He's adorable, congratulations!
I am so excited for you guys! He's so cute! Congratulations!
Oh how cute! New babies are sooo exciting! And wow, just over 3 hours! You look great too!
Oh I can just smell that new baby smell! Congratulations he is so cute:) I think he kind of looks like your mom! I can't wait to meet him next summer:)
Ohh, congratulations on your baby boy! He is so sweet! What fun to have a little boy now, you are going to love it!
He is so adorable! Congrats you guys!
Congrats!! He is a handsome little man!
He is perfect! Thank goodness for fast labor! :) I want to move to Chile so I can have a doctor and a midwife. They are ahead of the game on that. Congratulations!
What a handsome little dude!!! Congrats! I can smell the sweet newborn smell from here:)
I'm back to look at the cute pictures again. I WANT TO HOLD HIM!!!!! HE'S SO DARLING!!!!
Congratulations! We are so happy for your family. What a lucky little boy!
How wonderful!! Those little boys are so great! His sisters are so in love with him already I bet. I am glad you are through it and have an ADORABLE and HANDSOME little boy to hold and to love on!
Thanks for posting all the great pictures. Do you know he was just exactly the same size as Adelle at birth? What a coincidence. Isn't it fun to see different colors on a baby (other than pink)? :) Welcome Zack!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So glad that everything went well and you and baby boy are fine. We look forward to meeting him in a couple of months when we arrive in Santiago. Cheers, Joe and Martha White
So. . .what was Dave whistling?
Oh, and congratulations. :)
Congratulations. He is beautiful. He is a HE! Ia m so jealous. HE is perfect. Truly perfect. You are perfect too.
I was thinking about you and realized I never commented here.
Your baby is so precious! Congrats! I bet you are just loving him to pieces. And a 3 hour labor and delivery sound amazing! I remember just before Riley was born that I was sick with a bad head cold and I knew there was NO way I'd be able to go natural if I was still sick when I went into labor. So I totally get where you're coming from. Glad everything went well!
Post a Comment