Will I ever post regularly again? I hope life slows down so that I can. We thought the 1st house-hunting trip was a success, but when it was time to sign the contract, the owner changed the whole contract and we were unable to come to a compromise. So last Tuesday we (Dave came with me this time) flew to Santiago for the day. Dave worked all morning while I looked at houses, then in the afternoon we took him to see my favorites. We agreed on one. I loved the kitchen & Dave loved the size of the house. The only problem was that we wanted one more bedroom so we asked that the owner put up a wall in the HUGE master bedroom to create 2 smaller rooms. She AGREED!!! Wait... there is one other problem... the house is Mediterranean style (aka modern & boxy). I don't like this style. The house that fell through was cute & like living in a fairy tale. Oh well... on the inside it's nice & much larger than the rest of the homes we've looked out. This week the wall is going up, the house is being painted & we're moving!
We still don't have a school picked out. I've found one that is a whole lot cheaper that I'm extremely interested in. Once we move we'll tour my favorites and make a decision from there.
This week we are tying up a lot of loose ends. It's sooo much easier in the states. Instead of calling to cancel our utilities we have to go into the office with a letter saying when we want our services cut. Instead of just letting the front office at school know we're pulling the girls out of school we have to have a meeting with the Headmaster to let him know (only to find out later that we have to pay until the end of the year unless we write a petition letter to the Headmaster , who will review it with the board of directors). And Dave shattered the back window of the car on Friday. The soonest a replacement can be here is Wednesday, but that's just not enough time, so we'll fix it in Santiago I guess. Good thing it doesn't rain here (knock on wood).
The last little while we've felt so loved from our dear friends in Antofagasta. The ward threw us a farewell party, and then posted it on the ward website... you can witness my horrible spur-of-the-moment speech, as well as many of the musical numbers, here. For those of you who speak Spanish, please ignore the spelling errors in the letter. The original one was correct & talked about how people helped us, etc. Also, please ignore my crappy Spanish... it really was not a planned speech & I was caught off guard. We've also had other little parties from friends & the expat club. This week the girls school classes will be throwing them parties as well. Although we are looking forward to starting a new adventure, we will certainly miss everyone here.

18 comments:
hey look, my first comment ever
that's so funny that they put those videos up on the ward site! oh man, that's chile for you.
you will be missed more than you know! but, i'm glad we can keep in touch through our blogs and of course through vonage!
hey, it's my second post...good luck in santiago, and i hope that the girls do well
I am glad that things are working out! I can't wait to see new pictures:) And by the way, you are brave to get up and give an impromptu speech like that!
thanks for posting again!
what an adventure. good luck with everything, we will keep you in our prayers!
btw, happy (late) anniversary!
Yay! Post pictures as soon as you can!!!
I am glad you found a home that will work out for you! I HATE moving!! :) Have fun! Hope it goes smoothly!
Good luck with the move! I hope you are able to find a good school that's not bucko bucks!
"It's sooo much easier in the states."
Your words. Not mine. You should move to the States. By us. You could get a house here and we'll live in your basement (it'd better be a NICE basement, though! Beth wants vaulted ceilings and no spiders).
Deal?
moving is never any fun. But good luck with the new adventures. I am sure everything will come into place. I am excited to see pictures of the new area
Oh how great that you finally found a home!! Hope you find a great school to go along with it!! :) I can't complain about your Spanish speaking skills because mine are long gone!! I thought you did great :)
Wow- sounds like things are kind of stressful, but how fun to be off on a new adventure! Good luck house hunting!
It was so fun talking with you. We should talk more often once you're settled. I look forward to more posts once life is calm...
I am so excited to be a part of your new adventures. Can't wait to see pics of your new place! How exciting.
did you move?
kim...I am so impressed by you. You are so brave, and I love how you just go with the flow, and make everything wonderful. You are great!
I need an update!
What a farewell party! So nice. I love that there are so many videos of the night on the website. SO great! I am so proud of you and your Spanish. You are so brave to speak in front of everyone!!
Post a Comment