Friday, July 27, 2007

Keeping in Touch

Yesterday my parents, Ryan, Paige & Kelsi left us to return to the good 'ol USA. We have spent so much time with friends & family the past 2+ months- it has really been wonderful. First we traveled to Utah for a month for the Ponczoch Family Reunion, the Wilkey Reunion, shopping, Dr.'s appts, etc. Then Kelsi returned with us to Chile. 3 weeks after that my parents & Ryan & Paige joined us for almost 2 weeks.

Now we will relearn what it is to be a family of 5. In addition to returning to our regular routines, I am hoping to add some new things to my schedule. One of those things is blogging... hopefully I will be able to keep family & friends posted on our family adventures better than I have in the past. I'm also looking for a new Spanish teacher. It has been about 1 1/2 yrs since I've had lessons. I can get by with the Spanish I know, but I'm sure I sound pretty dumb a lot of the time, so it's time to get serious again. The last new thing in my life is piano (not playing it, as it seems that is often all I do). It is time to teach lessons. I'm nervous about this, but I feel strongly that it needs to be done. A Sr. missionary sister & I will be teaching group lessons to people in our Ward, with the hopes of expanding the lessons to the Stake. It's the whole give a man a fish concept... I can play the piano for every event right now if needed, but once we leave, who will take my place? I'm also planning on teaching Hailey & a couple of her friends lessons... my parents gave me the piano books that I used while learning to play piano, so we'll see how that goes. Now that I've typed this out I'm realizing that I may be adding a lot to my plate all at once... I hope I can do it all!

1 comment:

Mitchell Family said...

Kim-
I love your blog! It's fun to see your cute family, all growing up! Oh, could you give me piano lessons too? I seem to have missed out on those. Have a great summer! -Rachel